Scala Media Players
Early Preview The content in this section is currently under construction and subject to change.
The content in this section is currently under construction and subject to change.
The following topic provides information about the Scala Media Player-DX hardware unit, including:
- Box contents
- Device images
- Required materials
- Connecting the cables
- 1 Scala Media Player-DX device
- 1 Universal wall adapter and country-specific wall plug
- 2 WiFi antennae
- 1 plastic bracket and mounting screw for installing an optional internal 2.5" SATA3 storage device
- Scala Media Player Guide
|1||Power button||1||Use to manually turn the Scala Media Player-DX on and off.|
|2||SSD indicator||1||Identifies if the solid-state drive (SSD) is active. Indicator light is white.|
Identifies the status of WiFi for the unit:
|4||SD||1||Use to insert an SDH or SDXC card.|
Use for EDID configuration. Select from:
For more information about EDID, see Integrated Hardware EDID Emulation.
|6||USB 3.0 series||2|
Use to insert a USB device, such as a mouse or keyboard. Select from:
|7||Remote SW||1||Use to insert a remote switch.|
|8||Clear CMOS||1||Use to clear the CMOS settings.|
|9||Reset||1||Use to reset the unit.|
|1||Antennae||1||Use to insert included antennae.|
|2||DC In||1||Power jack input|
|3||LAN ports||2||RJ45 jacks for LAN.|
|4||COM port||1||Serial port used to add a video device.|
|5||USB 3.1||1||Use to insert a USB device, such as a mouse or keyboard.|
|6||HDMI||2||Use to plug in the HDMI video devices.|
|7||Microphone||1||Use to add a 3.5 mm microphone.|
|8||Audio output||1||Use to add a 3.5 mm audio output.|
|9||Antennae||1||Use to insert included antennae.|
Required for Set-up
In order to set-up the Scala Media Player-DX device, you will need:
- Display monitors
- RJ-45 CAT6 Ethernet cable for wired connections
- 100V to 240V (50 Hz or 60 Hz) electrical outlet
- 2 HDMI cables three meters or less that are rated as HDMI 2.0 compliant
- USB keyboard and mouse
Connecting the Cables
- Connect the Scala Media Player-DX unit to the intended displays using HDMI 2.0 cables.
- If using a wired network, plug a cable into the RJ-45 jack on the back of the unit
If using a wireless network, screw in both of the included antennae to the back of the unit.
- Plug the power cord into the power connector on the back of the unit.
- Plug the power cord into an appropriate 100V to 240V (50 Hz or 60 Hz) electrical outlet
Once the unit is plugged in, the Scala Media Player-DX should auto power on and boot into the customized Windows® operating system. If the unit does not automatically start, press the power button on the front of the device.