Scala Media Players
|Table of Contents|
Remote Connections to Player
Use PuTTY or another client to set up the SSH tunnel and perform administrative functions for the Linux Player from the command prompt.
Use TigerVNC to remotely access the player console to see the content playing. TigerVNC server is installed installed, by default, on the Linux Player.
Creating an SSH Tunnel using PuTTY(plink)
- Open the Windows Command Prompt
Enter the following line to create an SSH Tunnel in order to access the VNC session running on the player:
Code Block language text
"C:\Program Files\PuTTY\plink" -v -x -a -T -noagent -l [player configuration account name] -pw [player configuration account password] -L localhost:59146:[ip address of player]:5900 [ip address of player]
Code Block language text title Example
"C:\Program Files\PuTTY\plink" -v -x -a -T -noagent -l config -pw scala123# -L localhost:59146:126.96.36.199:5900 188.8.131.52
- Download TigerVNC from https://tigervnc.org/.
- Use the VNC viewer to access your player.
If you want both an SSH tunnel and a PuTTY Terminal Shell into the Player; use the actual PuTTY command:
C:\Program Files\PuTTY\putty.exe" -ssh firstname.lastname@example.org -pw scala123# -L 59146:192.168.10.146:5900
To launch the VNCviewer:
If you are doing this frequently, both commands can be placed in a batch file.
If you want to auto-connect without a password prompt; copy the file
/etc/vncpasswd from the Linux Player and reference it in the VNCviewer's Command Line:
vncviewer.exe -passwd <some-path>\vncpsswd localhost: :59146
Needed programs on the PC
- Putty (https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/latest.html)
- VNC viewer (tested with UltraVNC)
- Find the IP of the device you want to connect to.
- Open command line and type: ssh config@<ip>.
- Enter the player's config user account password. The default is scala123#, but it may be different if you changed it.
- x11vnc needs to be started on the tablet, type: x11vnc.
- Open new command line and type:
"C:\Program Files\PuTTY\plink" -v -x -a -T -noagent -l config - pw scala123# -L localhost:69146:<ip>:5900 <ip>
- Press Enter to start the session.
- Start VNC and enter the following credentials to connect to the player: Localhost:69146.